This recipe is made with ingredients that all have something to offer nutritionally, so while your sweet tooth is being satisfied your body is also being nourished
Now keep in mind that this is a recipe for chocolate cake — the ingredients are wholesome, but it’s still cake! Enjoy in moderation
Here’s what you need for 1 mug cake: • 4 Tablespoons almond meal • 4 Tablespoon coconut crystals • 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder • 2 Tablespoons whisked egg • 4 Tablespoons coconut milk • 1 generous Tablespoon coconut oil, melted over low heat • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract • 3 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips
1. In a microwave safe mug, combine the almond meal, coconut crystals, and cocoa powder. Mix well, until all the lumps are gone.
2. Add the whisked egg and mix. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add the chocolate chips.
3. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
4. Serve immediately!
Follow these five simple steps to cut your calories by 100 or more.
- Add the Olive Oil last: When you think of sautéing as a healthy alternative you may not consider some vegetables such as eggplant, mushrooms, and greens soak up the majority of the fat that you have added to the pan. If you steam your vegetables instead and then simply toss them in a few teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of red pepper flakes and sea salt, you can cut out 150 calories per cup.
- Ask for a Dry Bun: Most restaurants use butter or mayo on a sandwich or burger before they give it to you. Instead, ask for your sandwich or burger to be served on a dry bun. This will save you close to 120 calories.
- Be Picky about Pie: If you eat pie just eat the filling but skip the bottom layer of crust, that act alone will save you 150 calories.
- Lighten your Juice: Fill a water bottle with just 6 ounces of juice and the rest with sparkling water. This will help save you 100 calories as opposed to drinking nothing but juice.
- Make Skinny Mashed Potatoes: Instead of the heavy whipped potatoes try mixing in half a cup of low-sodium chicken broth for every 3 pounds of potatoes to make this a lighter version saving you 100 calories.
To learn more ways to cut calories click here to get your free consultation where you will meet with a food coach who will give you even more tips on how to lose weight.
Snack foods that claim to be rich in fiber may also be rich in sugar. You will do better to grab a piece of fruit. If comparing 3 apples, 3 pears, or Oat Cookies all 3 choices at 200 calories and 6 grams of fiber, you can lose more weight choosing the fruit option over the packaged cookies. Researchers say that the low energy density and high water content of fruit helps women feel more satisfied and full leading to them eating less through the day.
A large pear contains 30 percent more fiber than an apple.
For more healthy tips and comparisons on which is the best choice for you, click here for a free fitness consultation where you will talk with a food coach who can guide you towards a healthier lifestyle.