These 8 easy steps can save you up to 250 calories.
- Leave out the “crispy” in salads. Salads aren’t always the best choice at restaurants especially when they come fried and drowned in fattening dressing. When getting a salad ask for grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon and opt for a lowfat dressing on the side. You will save about 250 calories.
- Cut your baked goods in half. Automatically cut the calories by cutting fresh baked goods like muffins in half. You can also swap a half cup of applesauce for a half cup of butter or oil in your recipes to save you an additional 75 calories per muffin.
- Get Sandwich Savy. A Tuna sandwich may seem like the healthier option but it can contain 700 calories and over 30 grams of fat. Instead of going for something loaded with mayonnaise, choose a small turkey sub with no mayo or oil and skip the soda, chips and cookies. You can save yourself 420 calories.
- Topping your Tater. The toppings on a baked potato can add up to 412 calories to your meal. Instead of the standard butter, sour cream, and bacon try using salsa, and lowfat greek yogurt for a healthier alternative.
- Become a Kid Again. When ordering ice cream or yogurt opt for the kid size. This can save you up to 400 calories compared to a regular adult size portion.
- Veggies, Veggies, and more Veggies. Most of us tend to eat our pasta lathered in meat, spaghetti sauce, or alfredo sauce adding more than 600 calories to our day. Instead try filling your pasta with steamed veggies or diced tomatoes to cut your calories by 250.
- Satisfy your Sweet Tooth. If you can’t resist something sweet go for it, just make sure you are only having a shot glass worth which amounts to about 3 tablespoons. This could save you 360 calories.
- Choose Wisely at Breakfast Meetings. Instead of grabbing a donut or muffin try going for fruit salad or lowfat yogurt and save 280 calories.