Here’s a simple, delicious dinner that your whole family will love. Simply throw the chicken ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and come home to a healthy, flavorful meal. Servings: 8
Here’s what you need…
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped (I use mild!)
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in. Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of fajita seasoning. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 202 calories, 6g fat, 589mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 20g protein.
Source: Old blog