Follow these five simple steps to cut your calories by 100 or more.
- Add the Olive Oil last: When you think of sautéing as a healthy alternative you may not consider some vegetables such as eggplant, mushrooms, and greens soak up the majority of the fat that you have added to the pan. If you steam your vegetables instead and then simply toss them in a few teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of red pepper flakes and sea salt, you can cut out 150 calories per cup.
- Ask for a Dry Bun: Most restaurants use butter or mayo on a sandwich or burger before they give it to you. Instead, ask for your sandwich or burger to be served on a dry bun. This will save you close to 120 calories.
- Be Picky about Pie: If you eat pie just eat the filling but skip the bottom layer of crust, that act alone will save you 150 calories.
- Lighten your Juice: Fill a water bottle with just 6 ounces of juice and the rest with sparkling water. This will help save you 100 calories as opposed to drinking nothing but juice.
- Make Skinny Mashed Potatoes: Instead of the heavy whipped potatoes try mixing in half a cup of low-sodium chicken broth for every 3 pounds of potatoes to make this a lighter version saving you 100 calories.
To learn more ways to cut calories click here to get your free consultation where you will meet with a food coach who will give you even more tips on how to lose weight.
If you’ve sworn of carbohydrates you may want to rethink this strategy for your morning meal. People who ate large protein- and carbohydrate-rich breakfasts found that they were able to avoid carbs the rest of the day which led to the loss of more weight and had fewer cravings than those people who left off the carbs entirely. A great breakfast is pairing your eggs with whole-grain breads or cereal and fruit or veggies.
If you struggle with finding the right balance at your meals then one of our nutrition programs may help you out. Our nutrition programs will give you just the right balance between protein and carbs to maximize your workouts and give you energy while curbing your sweet and starchy cravings. Click here for a free consultation to discuss what nutrition program will work best for you.
Are you a stress eater? When life gets crazy and out of control do you want to hibernate at home with the mindless TV and a juicy cheeseburger or a big bowl of ice cream (or both!) The easiest way to avoid emotional eating is to stick to a plan.
In your mind you know that enjoying a calorie ridden meal is just a temporary feel good fix and that a walk around the block or an exercise class can give you that same feel good fix. But since eating is often fueled by emotions, it shouldn’t be surprising that you are not going to make the best choices. So how do you ensure that you will make better choices? The key is to recognize those triggers before you reach your breaking point. Go to an exercise class regularly, this will help you relieve stress daily. But if you find yourself during a moment of frenzy and you are hours away from exercising then simply take time to sit quietly and breathe deeply for a few minutes. This will help diffuse the tension. And if you just need to vent, call up a friend who will let you get it off your chest.
Treat yourself on a regular basis, not with food, but with a new outfit, or getting a new hairstyle, or a manicure. Put aside a few minutes each day just to find a place to relax and rejuvenate.
For some women they find that getting a massage is the ultimate way to wind down after a stressful week or day. Schedule a monthly massage to ensure that you will keep the appointment. The mental and physical benefits you will get from the massage will make it well worth the money. Taking time out for yourself will reaffirm your commitment to getting slim and staying healthy and being able to maintain that long term.
If you aren’t sure how to set goals for yourself to ensure you have the tools to beat emotional eating we have some great exercise programs, nutritional programs, and massage therapy to help reduce your stress and help you stick with a healthier lifestyle. Click her for a free fitness consultation to find out more about the custom packages we offer to get you started on the path away from emotional eating and moving towards a new healthier you.
- Stay on track: Know what you weigh. There is no need to do this every day but instead weigh once a week. If you gain a pound work really hard the next week getting in an extra workout.
- Skip Sugary Drinks: Try sticking to only water or unsweetened iced tea. Use fruit and herbs as a way to change up your water. Mint, Raspberries, and Cucumbers are a great addition to water.
- Make Dining Out an Event: If you are use to constantly eating out try limiting yourself to just once a week as a treat. Also decide ahead of time what healthy option you are going to have and stick with it.
Have you had family members tell you they were concerned about your health? Have you just been brushing aside their comments and just thought they were being overly critical? As your weight has continued to climb you have just been ignoring it. One lady named Monika was on this same journey as you. However, when a doctor told her she was at 242 lbs and it wouldn’t be long before she would hit 300 lbs if she didn’t make a change and make it fast. She was at a high risk for high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease. She stopped denying she had a problem and started to take action. She found a couple of easy things that helped her get her weight under control.
#1 Get Educated
First Monika started to eat better giving up soda and fast food. She instead chose high-fiber products. She started getting educated about nutrition and researched healthy foods online. She started adding protein and whole grains into her life and cut back on sugar and fat. She stopped drowning her salads in creamy fattening dressings and instead started using just oil and vinegar.
#2 The Buddy System
She also knew she had to start moving more. She hated going to the gym but knew if she could get a friend to join an exercise program with her she would stay more committed. By setting aside a time for her and a friend to meet and exercise she stayed committed to the workout program and week by week she notice the pounds starting to fall off and in only 10 months she had lost down to 162.
#3 Going the Extra Mile
Excited by the results she was seeing she wanted to start challenging herself so she began to run. She realized that the better she got at it the more energy she had. Over the next 2 years she dropped down to 145 pounds. She says that maintaining her lifestyle is hard but she just takes it one day at a time.
Monika’s story can be your story too. NuBody Fitness believes first in educating you on proper nutrition. If you aren’t eating healthy then your workouts will not be effective and you will have no energy. With one of our many nutritional programs a food coach will show you how to eat properly and what to eat. We have nutritional programs that will allow you to receive advise on what you are currently eating or you can have a meal plan customized to fit your lifestyle.
NuBody Fitness has several group training programs. If you don’t have a buddy to workout with Bootcamp is the perfect place to find several buddies who will encourage you and motivate you to stick with it. NuBody Bootcamps are Monday-Saturday so you will have no excuse not to get a workout in every day. You are not just a number at NuBody Fitness but a valued person. The trainers will know your name and will give you that accountability you need to stick with a workout program.
NuBody Fitness will help you set goals to work towards so that you never stay comfortable long but continue to strive to get out of your comfort zone and work harder. We can help prepare you to run your first marathon, or anything else you want to achieve.
To find out what programs NuBody Fitness has that will turn you into the next great success story just click here for a Free Fitness Consultation.