Follow these five simple steps to cut your calories by 100 or more.
- Add the Olive Oil last: When you think of sautéing as a healthy alternative you may not consider some vegetables such as eggplant, mushrooms, and greens soak up the majority of the fat that you have added to the pan. If you steam your vegetables instead and then simply toss them in a few teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of red pepper flakes and sea salt, you can cut out 150 calories per cup.
- Ask for a Dry Bun: Most restaurants use butter or mayo on a sandwich or burger before they give it to you. Instead, ask for your sandwich or burger to be served on a dry bun. This will save you close to 120 calories.
- Be Picky about Pie: If you eat pie just eat the filling but skip the bottom layer of crust, that act alone will save you 150 calories.
- Lighten your Juice: Fill a water bottle with just 6 ounces of juice and the rest with sparkling water. This will help save you 100 calories as opposed to drinking nothing but juice.
- Make Skinny Mashed Potatoes: Instead of the heavy whipped potatoes try mixing in half a cup of low-sodium chicken broth for every 3 pounds of potatoes to make this a lighter version saving you 100 calories.
To learn more ways to cut calories click here to get your free consultation where you will meet with a food coach who will give you even more tips on how to lose weight.