Think you don’t have enough time to cook a healthy meal? Think again. This healthy and delicious chicken stir fry takes only minutes to make. Instead of chopping the vegetables yourself, this recipe calls for pre-chopped ingredients found in the produce section of your grocery store. Skip the take out line tonight and try this recipe instead. Yield: 6 servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 2 inch segments
- 1 (16 oz) package pre-chopped stir fry vegetables
- 1 (10 oz) package shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the garlic. When the garlic is browned add the asparagus. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the asparagus turns bright green.
- Add the chopped stir fry vegetables, cabbage, and pineapple. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces and mix in the teriyaki sauce. Stir fry for another minute, until the sauce is evenly distributed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 117 calories, 1.8g fat, 15.8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 10.7g protein.